The Balams Firm Scholarship
As a Community Partner, THE BALAMS FIRM is committed to recognizing talent and rewarding excellence. Our mission of The Balams Firm Scholarship is to provide an opportunity for deserving students to reach their potential by supporting the cost of higher education.
2022 PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT
Congratulations to our 2022 Pursuit of Excellence scholarship recipient, Allison Hunter, a South Atlanta High School senior.
Allison exhibits a passion and commitment to her community, serving as an active leader in and out of school. Her leadership roles include Student Government President, Chairwoman of the Atlanta Board of Education and Superintendent’s Student Advisory Council, and President of the Young Mobilizers. In addition, Allison volunteers her time to organize multiple initiatives to care for the homeless population in Atlanta, and works to end inequities as an advocate with political and legislation campaigns to benefit South Atlanta. She does all this while maintaining top academic performance in her studies, earning Principal’s List honors and National Honor Society membership. Allison is excited to study political science and pre-law in college this fall.
We are honored to award Allison this scholarship to further her passion of becoming a more effective leader in reshaping Atlanta and similar communities.
One (1) $2,500 Scholarship will be awarded through the application process. A check for the amount of the scholarship will be mailed directly to the student’s college/university.
- Must be a legal resident of the United States
- Must live within the Atlanta metropolitan area
- Must be actively planning to enroll in an accredited college or university for the upcoming school year on a full-time basis
- Have a grade point average of 3.2 or higher
- Must submit one letter of recommendation
- Must submit a high school transcript
Completed application materials can be submitted by the following methods:
Please, no phone calls. Direct all questions via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application and supporting materials must be received by February 1. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- The scholarship recipient will be notified no later than April 1. All decisions are final.