The Balams Firm Scholarship
The mission of The Balams Firm’s scholarship program is to assist deserving students with attaining their goals of attending college. As a community partner, the Foundation is committed to recognizing talent and rewarding excellence.
- What are the eligibility requirements?
- What is the process?
- What information must be submitted to be considered for the scholarship?
- What are the submission deadlines and other key dates?
- What options do I have to submit my application for the scholarship?
- How much is the scholarship award?
In order to be eligible for the Balams Firm’s scholarship program, a person:
- Must be a legal U.S. resident
- Must live within the Atlanta Metro Area
- Must be enrolled or plan to be enrolled at an accredited college or university for the 2018-2019 school year on a full-time basis
- Have a grade point average of 3.2 or higher
- Must submit one letter or recommendation
- Must attach current unofficial high school (for freshman) or college transcript to application
All applications will be considered by a panel of judges comprised of members of the community applications will be evaluated on academic achievement, letter of recommendation and written essay.
Completed applications and corresponding materials should be mailed to the address below by December 1, 2018. Late applications will not be considered. All decisions made will be final. The recipient will be notified no later than January 15, 2018. The recipient’s name and photograph will be displayed on The Balams Firm’s website.
Each applicant must submit the following documents to the link here:
- The Balams Firm Scholarship
- A current unofficial high school (for freshmen) or college transcript
- A typed essay with a minimum of 250 words about: How do you plan to utilize your college degree to make an impact on your community?
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2018
- Scholarship Winner will be notified: January 15, 2019
- Mail to: The Balams Firm
5825 Glenridge Drive, Building 1, Suite 100
Atlanta, Georgia 30328
One winner will be chosen to win the scholarship.
This scholarship must be applied to tuition or other education-related expenses and will be submitted to the winner’s educational institution.